With everything from movement to communication going technological, many people are forgetting the importance of Mother Nature and the environment that surrounds us. Good thing is that you don’t have to let go off your lifestyle completely if you want to go green and help protect the environment. This article will provide you some helpful tips on how you can go green and play your role even during such technological era, trust us, it is not that difficult.
One of the common ways to become environment friendly is to save energy. We all know that energy is a limited resource and wasting it is certainly not a good idea, not to mention that saving energy will also save you some money. Here are some important ways of saving energy:
- Thermostat – Everyone wants to be comfortable be it hot summers or freezing winters but if you tune down your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a bit higher in summers you will not only save energy but also save money on cooling and heating bills.
- Lightning – Using compact fluorescent light bulbs or CFLs is a good way to save energy and save money on your electricity bills.
- Switch ‘them’ off – We are referring to any appliances or devices which are not in use.
- Drying Clothes – Rather than drying your clothes in a machine dryer use clothesline or a drying rack.
Also Check : What Is Environment?
It’s about time that all of us understand the importance of water and save this limited resource, especially when the world’s population is on continuous rise. Here are some tips to do so:
- Showers – Yes, showers are good, especially hot water showers in winters. However taking short showers is a great step towards going green. Oh and you will save money on heating and water bills.
- Low-flow Showerhead – If you think you won’t be able to spend less time in showers then a low-flow showerhead can somewhat get the job done.
- Plants – You can plant drought-tolerant native plants in your garden (if you have one). There are many plants out there that need quite less watering, see if any of them grow in your area.
As mentioned earlier, we are living in technological era and the rapid developments make many electronics obsolete as we go on buying the new and latest ones. But it is quite important to dump the old electronics carefully. Here are some useful tips to help you:
- Use them – It is recommended to make the most out of your devices and use your computers, cell phones and other electronics as long as you can.
- Donate or Recycle – You can also donate them to some other people who can still use them. Recycling is another good way to get rid of your electronics.
Whatever you do, make sure you don’t dump them in the trash because e-waste (as they referred) contains mercury and some other toxics as well. This is becoming an important environmental problem.
We understand that these are only few and basic ways to go green, but once you achieve them you can always move to advanced and methods to protect the environment.