Do you want to lose weight quickly, have you heard of slimming body wraps? Body wraps are becoming quite common for losing weight, which if we use in addition to our diet and exercise plan, can help us get rid of the unwanted fat from our body. Body wrap is a great way to help reduce the appearance of cellulite, and reduce the size of the stomach, buttocks and thighs. You can do body wrapping at a beauty salon or by yourself at home with little guidance, after all it’s no rocket science.
Body Wraps for Weight Loss
Benefits Of Body Wrapping
If you desire to lose some pounds quickly you should try slimming body wraps, you can’t really notice women visiting gyms and spas and leave after an hour with three sizes smaller and completely free of cellulite, but it works. Body wraps help your body to get rid of toxins through detoxification and enhancing metabolic system. Additionally it is non-surgical, completely safe procedure which helps you look slimmer in very short time but know that it’s not a magic elixir.
Body Wrapping At Beauty Salon
Before beginning the body wrapping, the beauty therapist will ask you to wear off your clothes and change into some paper knickers and then they will ask you to lie down on the treatment table to get ready for body wrapping. For better results your skin should be exfoliated to remove all the dead skin cells so your pores will have a better chance of benefiting from the treatment.
Then the beauty therapist will apply the chosen liquid to your entire body that may be mud, seaweed, oils or clay. You are free to choose the one you think is best for your body, but it is recommended to talk to your beauty therapist about which one would be right for you. Then they will wrap you tightly from head to toe in warm cotton bandages or plastic wraps and then let you relax and sweat for about 20-60 minutes. Upon the completion, you would’ve some weight which might not be significant but if done properly could be helpful.
Body Wrapping At Home
You will need only very few and simple things that you can easily find at your home or you could grab them from a nearby shop such as Herbs, Essential oils, Sheets and thin towels to make body wraps by yourself and they will be as effective as the expensive body wraps that you pay for at a salon. Here are the steps of making a homemade body wrap:
- Search for clean and calm area and put sheets on the floor since applying the wrap may get messy.
- Add the recommended ingredients found in nature, and in your home which may be essential oils like lemongrass, sage or sandalwood, lavender, or herbs like chamomile flower powder, rose petals to boiling water until the salt dissolves and allow the mixture to cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Soak the bandages in the warm mixture but not overly hot mixture and then apply the bandages to your naked body starting at your ankles then work your way up to the body in a circular movement, covering the whole body. Use metal clips if necessary to secure the bandages.
- Relax and let it sweat for at least 45 to 60 minutes. You should stay warm by using a thermal foil blanket to keep warm or by lifting hand weights or doing another simple form of exercise to maintain bodily heat.
- Wash the wrap off after 45 minutes by using tepid to warm water but avoid taking sudden cold or hot shower. Rub and massage the skin gently as you wash the wrap.
- After complete washing: gently make your skin dry and put on some loose clothing to encourage ventilation to skin pores and drink one or two glasses of water to encourage urination and drainage of excess wastes from your body.
Now, you can enjoy the different benefits of body wrapping whether by attending spas or doing it at home, but always keep in mind that Body wraps won’t be effective alone to lose weight and you should exercise regularly, eat healthy food and always try to stay fit to enjoy a healthier life.