Most people exercise to see results fast and for the purpose of weight loss. But exercise can be quite strenuous and tedious as you work out with no results after a few weeks. In order to get results you have to make sure to perform the exercise properly and with a full range of motion. Weight loss involves burning more calories than you intake and this can be done with a proper workout routine. It is important that you exercise with a goal and know what needs to be done. In order to target weight loss it is important to target the abdominal muscles as it stores fat which can be visibly be seen but full body workouts also increase weight loss.
Weight Loss Exercises
1. Bicycle exercise – this particular exercise targets the abdominal muscles along with the oblique. To perform the exercise you need to lie down on the floor with hands at the back of your head. Bring the left knee to the chest region while lifting your shoulders up off the floor, while doing this slowly bring your right elbow towards the left knee and keep your right leg straight. Switch sides and go with the same pedaling motion. It is recommended you to 3 sets of these with anywhere from 10-15 repetitions in each set to really get the calories burning.
2. Exercise Ball Crunch – An exercise ball is required for this particular exercise and works with a better range of motion than a normal crunch on the floor. The abs is targeted well in this particular exercise but other parts of the body are also used to stabilize the body making it a full body workout. The exercise is a simple crunch motion on the exercise ball. You lie on the ball with your lower back supported, place your hand behind your head and lift the torso while contracting the abs. Keep the ball stable as you curl up and go back to the initial position. It is recommended you do 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions of this exercise.
3. Squat to Overhead Press– this particular exercise works out the whole body from the quadriceps, abs, to the shoulders. Dumbbells are required to perform this exercise; the weight of the dumbbell depends on how much you can lift so you can choose to your liking. Start off by standing with your feet shoulder width apart with elbows bent with the dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height. Lower down to a squat position and hold for a moment and push through the heels and stand up while you press the weights overhead. Anywhere from 3-4 sets with 12-16 repetitions will get the fat burning with the whole body working out.
4. Step-Up with Bicep Curls – This exercise works out the biceps, abs, along with various regions of the legs. Dumbbells and a chair or bench is required to perform the exercise. Start off by standing with your left foot on the bench or chair with a dumbbell in each hand. With the weight on the left foot lift to standing on the step, raising your right thighs so that they are parallel to the floor while doing this curl the dumbbells toward your shoulders. Once complete with the motion return to the initial position and then do the same with the right side. Do 3 sets of 10-15 repetitions to get a proper workout.
5. Bicycle or Treadmill running– A treadmill or stationary bicycle is requiring performing this exercise. Ending your workout with cardio is always the best way to end your workout as it leads to a lot more calories being burned. Running on treadmill or a stationary bike burns a lot of calories; it is recommend you run at least 15-20 minutes to get the most out of the workout.
Also Read : Tips to put on weight fast
Along with performing these exercises it is important to have a proper diet to enhance weight loss. Good luck!